Everyone processes and learns new information in their own unique way. There are three recognised cognitive learning styles – visual, auditory and tangible, which is practical
and hands on. At Lobster Ink, we have developed three specific learning techniques that include a combination of all of these learning styles to cater for all types of Learners.
Individual learning allows your Learners to progress at their own pace but it does
require a great deal of discipline and self-motivation.
Benefits of Individual Learning:
• Learners have control of how they learn.
• Learners can determine their own schedule.
• It helps Learners develop a good work ethic.
• It promotes responsibility and accountability for learning.
• Individual learning can be more cost effective if you have a larger Learner base.
• On-site training rooms.
• On-the-job devices.
• Personal devices.
The best way to keep up the momentum for individual learning is to set targets for
your Learners. It is also a good idea to schedule practical assessments in advance
so Learners know when they need to complete a specific subject by.
Mentor Facilitated Learning
Mentor-facilitated learning is beneficial for both your strong and weak Learners. With
this technique, star pupils are given a few Learners to tutor. They will tackle subjects,
concepts, and topics that Learners may be struggling with, in a one-on-one environment.
Benefits of Mentor Facilitated Learning:
• Peer-driven learning can be less intimidating.
• Understanding of a specific topic can be gauged through discussion.
• This learning technique ensures that no Learner is left behind.
• The time spent training is easily monitored.
We have found that in some cases you may need to elect language mentors, who are
proficient in English, should a course not be available in the language your Learners are
comfortable with. Language mentors should also help improve hospitality language