At Lobster Ink we suggest you aim to have each learner complete one course per month. To do this your learners will need to spend about 30 minutes on their course work, three times a week. In this article we have detailed things you will need to consider when putting together your training schedule.
To start, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Are there designated training facilities at your establishment?
- Has your establishment allocated time for training sessions?
- How many learners need to be trained for each course?
The answers to these questions will determine whether your establishment is better suited to either individual learning or group-facilitated training.
You might also consider scheduling training sessions during slow periods. When necessary, after hours training might be required to ensure courses are completed in time. These sessions could also be an opportunity to practise skills learnt in preparation for the practical assessments.
Practical Assessments are an important part of the Lobster Ink training platform and it is best that you schedule these in advance so that your learners can prepare for them. We have found that learners who have a target date to work towards stay motivated.
Completing a Lobster Ink course is an achievement and learners are more motivated when they receive recognition for the work they have done. So try include regular awards ceremonies in your training schedule.
Finally here are few things to keep in mind when you set targets:
- Always set realistic and manageable targets for your learners.
- Set both short and long term goals.
- Consider implementing a mentor facilitated learning programme so learners have someone to go to when they feel stuck.
We have created a facility that alerts you when a learner has completed a level or course. You can use these notifications to track progress against expected targets.