This report gives you a view, per learner, of the number of courses started and completed in the selected time period. It is further broken down into lessons and assessments (practical and theory).
This report helps to understand 'how much' any individual learner is starting and completing given some time period you are interested in. This can be analyzed and actioned against benchmarks, targets, or policies you might have. It can also be used to identify top learners, and those that might need some help.
This report is accessible through the menu under: → Learning Activity → Learner Reports → Learner Activity
Attributes & Measures in this report:
- Courses Started: the number of courses the user started.
- Courses Completed: the number of courses the user completed, further broken down into:
- Lessons Completed: the number of lessons progressed in all the courses completed. Lessons are marked as complete in terms of progress if the course is completed.
- Assessment Completed: the number of assessments passed, further broken down into:
- Theory Assessments Completed: the number of theory assessments passed.
- Practical Assessments Completed: the number of practical assessments passed.
Note: all of the above measures are impacted by the date range filter. This allows you to generate reports for different periods to compare activity of your learners.
How can this report help me?
This report covers all courses done by a learner. This includes 'Assigned' and 'Self-Started' courses.
Depending on how your organization manages learning, it can be helpful to know 'how much' learners are progressing. There are multiple reasons:
- Benchmarks: you drive learners to meet certain learning volume benchmarks in a period.
- Targets: your organization requires a certain amount of learning to be done in a period.
- Competition: you have a competition between learners to be proactive in learning
You can sort the columns to identify the top learners in terms of total learning volume, and to identify those learners that might need some help to get started.
How can I filter this report to see only what I want?
By using the filters you can update and change the report as needed.
Using the Learner Group filter you can determine the group you want to view the learners for.
Using the Learner Tag filter you can generate the report for only those learners with a certain job role. This is helpful when comparing learners within specific jobs.
Using the Learning Content filter you can filter the report to show only activity on a specific course.
Using the Date Range filter you can filter the report to show the values for only the period you select.
Suppose you are a manager at a hotel and you want to see if all your housekeepers have taken a Guest Interaction course, you would set your filters to
- Stay on your Learner Group for the Learner Group filter; or change it to 'Housekeeping' if you have a Housekeeping department set up in your organization.
- Select 'Housekeepers' for the Learner Tag filter.
- Select 'Guest Interaction' for the Learning Content filter.
- Select the date range you want to see the information for.
How do I view a learner's current activity and history details?
By clicking on a learner you are taken to their learner detail's page.
Here you can track their current assigned and in progress Courses and Learning Paths.
You can filter their content on Assigned and Self-Assigned (also known as Self-Started). This is helpful if you only want to view their progress on required learning that has been assigned.
By selecting Learning History you can view everything a learner has already completed and the medals they have achieved.