This report gives you a view, per learner, of the progress on a specific Course or Learning Path. It also provides the date the course was started and completed, assigned (if applicable) and a due date (if applicable).
This report differs in that you must first select a specific Course or Learning Path to view the report, as it is dependent on this selection.
You can use this report to understand progress on a specific Course or Learning Path, whether it was assigned or not. Use it to check in on your learners' progress.
This report is accessible through the menu under: → Learning Activity → Learner Reports → Course Progress
Attributes & Measures in this report
Once a Course or Learning Path is selected using the Learning Content filter:
- Date Assigned
- Due Date
- Date Started
- Date Completed
- If a Course is selected, Progress is calculated by the number of lessons and related assessments taken by the learner.
- If a Learning Path is selected, Progress is calculated by dividing number of completed courses that make up the learning path by the total number of courses in the learning path.
How can this report help me?
This report covers the key dates related to any Course or Learning Path taken by a learner, and shows the progress on the material.
This can be used to understand how active a learner was during a certain period, for example since they joined, or since the beginning of the year. It can also be used to compare month-to-month.
In the example below, we can see a number of different cases that can arise and can potentially be taken up with the learner:
- The first two learners completed the Course without ever having had it assigned (noticeable from the fact that there is no Date Assigned nor a Due Date. This is great because even if it was not assigned these learners were proactive to learn.
- The third learner did have the Course assigned, however, without a due date. The learner started it but got stuck or lost interest half way through. We should have a word with the learner to finish what they started.
- The last learner was assigned this course, with a due date, and they even started it. However they got stuck or lost interest at 10%. Further, they only started this after the official due date. We should discuss with this learner to finalize the course as soon as possible.
How can I filter this report to see only what I want?
By using the filters you can update and change the report as needed.
Using the Learner Group filter you can determine the group you want to view the learners for.
Using the Learner Tag filter you can generate the report for only those learners with a certain job role. This is helpful when comparing learners within specific jobs.
Using the Learning Content filter you can filter the report to show only activity on a specific Course or Learning Path. This filter must be used for the report to generate.
How can I view a learner's progress in more detail?
By clicking on a learner you are taken to their learner detail's page.
You can filter their content on Assigned and Self-Assigned (also known as Self-Started). This is helpful if you only want to view their progress on required learning that has been assigned.
By selecting Learning History you can view everything a learner has already completed and the medals they have achieved.