We suggest using this when you need to assign training to 1 - 10 individuals in 1 or more locations.
It allows you to search for users by name and assign the relevant training content.
Step 1: There are two ways to create an assignment:
Navigate to the MANAGE tab, click MANAGE ASSIGNMENTS and click CREATE ASSIGNMENT.
Navigate to the HOME tab and click CREATE ASSIGNMENT.
Step 2: Add the details of the assignment to provide context to the users that will receive it and click NEXT.
- Assignment name: be descriptive, the name will be visible to learners and other managers in your group
- Type of assignment: select which type best describes the assignment:
- Compliance training: training related to compliance
- Job role training: training related to doing a job
- Personal Development: training specific to the personal development of a user in your group
- Why should the learner complete this assignment?: explain why you are assigning the training and highlight any objectives and/or goals, benefits of completing it, consequences of missed deadlines etc
Step 3: Select "Specific Learners".
Search and select the individual learner(s) you would like to create the assignment for and click NEXT.
Step 4: Search or select the course(s) and/or Learning Path(s) the audience need to complete and click NEXT.
Content can be dragged and dropped to create a specific learning order
Step 5: Add a deadline(optional) and click NEXT.
- Time span: a user must complete the training within a certain time span of receiving it
- Specific date: a user must complete the training by a specific date
- No deadline: there is no urgency in completing the training
Step 6: Review the assignment and click FINISH to create it.
Changes can be made by clicking on the pencil icon on the right for each section.
The estimated size of the audience that will receive the assignment can be calculated
Once an assignment is created it will appear on the MANAGE ASSIGNMENTS page.